Monday, June 25, 2012

Is Rob Kardashian Putting His Best Foot Forward?

During an episode on the second season of  Khloe & Lamar, Rob Kardashian decided to show the world his passion for...dress socks (Below is a clip from the episode). While I'm not particularly fond of the idea of a sock line, I don't blame him for wanting to start something for himself. Although the sock can be a fun way to "spice up" a plain old business suit, these particular socks look too busy for my taste. The designs and use of color are kind of outdated and 90's looking. They remind me of when I was a teenager and all the girls would wear the most ridiculous socks with all types of odd and brightly colored patterns, designs, and characters. Plus, of all the things Rob Kardashian could have created, he chose socks. Yes, socks are an important part of our daily wardrobe but honestly, who REALLY gives their socks THAT much attention. Personally, if I'm noticing you for what you're wearing, it won't be your socks. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to bash him. Its great that he's getting himself out there and attempting to make his own name instead of relying on his sisters, since he claims he's only doing it for his genuine love of dress socks and not for the Kardashian name. His advertisements are also unappealing to me. They look kind of cheap and cheesy which wouldn't necessarily draw me in. I've read a few other sources like Glamour and some blogs, which have plenty to say about this unusual sock fetish. Many are questioning it, some are hating it, few are into it. If I were him, I would at least try to expand this beyond just socks, but we'll see how this pans out for Rob.




No comments:

Post a Comment