Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Start of Lily and Making One of My Designs for the First Time

My dream, ever since I was little, was to become a fashion designer and have my own clothing line. Speaking of my clothing line, I chose the name and created the logo back in May of this year. As far as my designs, I would always scribble designs in my notebooks during class, they were a mess but I still loved doing it (It was much better than paying attention in class, thats for sure). As I got older, I became interested in learning more about sketching, which I did. Recently, I've been reading and learning more about the sewing aspect of design so in turn, I decided to make one of the outfits from one of the collections I drew during the Fall. The collection is Mermaid inspired and features aquas, golds, silvers, and greens. It's my first time making an outfit and while I'm trying to stick to my original sketch as much as possible, I have made changes as you will notice. Keep in mind, this outfit is still in progress and hopefully I'll be able to complete it soon. (My sewing machine is under going some technical difficulties). The final result, along with the portfolio photoshoot photos, will be posted once they are completed. I look forward to creating more in the near future and sharing them with you all.


My Original Sketch




No comments:

Post a Comment