Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review

I'm sure all of you have been raving about the Naked 3 palette lately, but since I'm so two thousand and late (corny joke lol) I figured I'd review the Naked Basics Palette. Although this palette was released in late November 2012, I recently received it as a Christmas gift. Typically I'm not into over-the-top eye makeup so this palette has been great for me, as I love to play up my green eyes with neutral tones. The 6 beautiful colors rest in their pods in a gradient style from lightest to darkest.
  • Venus - An off-white color with a subtle satiny frost. Perfect for the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes. Great way to highlight!
  • Foxy - A light yellow beige toned matte shadow, my least favorite as it is barely noticeable on my fair skin tone.
  • Walk of Shame - A matte light pink toned beige. Although very light, this is my go to when I go for a more natural look and want my liquid eyeliner or mascaraed eyelashes to be the focus.
  • Naked 2 - A pale warm taupe matte. Love this for a light contour in my crease or all over the lid when I wear my glasses.
  • Faint - A warm brown matte, great for extreme definition.
  • Crave - A very pigmented off-black matte. Perfect for that smoky eye!
The texture of the shadows is so velvety, which I absolutely love. The packaging is super compact and sleek, easy to slip into a small clutch or in a makeup bag for travel purposes, which is ideal. The cost of it is $28 and it can be purchased at the Urban Decay website, Sephora, or any other makeup retail stores.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment