Saturday, August 18, 2012

Costume Extravaganza: Into the Woods at Shakespeare in the Park

This past Wednesday evening my friends and I went to see Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine's Into the Woods at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park. The Shakespeare in the Park production officially opened on August 9th. The musical intertwines a number of classic childhood fairytales including Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Bean Stalk, Rapunzel, and The Baker and his Wife. I thought it was wonderful and I wanted to share a few of the costumes that I really loved.

Donna Murphy as the Old Witch

Donna Murphy as the Young Witch

I absolutely LOVED this green dress, Donna looked spectacular in it. The color and the way it moved on stage was gorgeous. 

Laura Shoop

Jesse Mueller as Cinderella and Ivan Hernandez as Cinderella's Price Charming

Jesse Mueller's blue dress is adorable and I really like the checkerboard-like effect in the fabric. Ivan's costume is luxurious in white with gold details. It looked stunning in the stage lighting.
I also loved Jesse's Cinderella ball gown, unfortunately I can't find a picture, but it was gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment