Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lady Gaga Sketch Submission

Recently, GaGa posted a video on her social media site, LittleMonsters.com, about a sketch submission contest asking fans to submit their own fashion sketches for her. She will choose and wear her favorite looks! She says she will work with the winners to actually create the garments. I think it's an amazing opportunity so I went for it, thanks to one of my friends. I, of course, wanted to share it with all of you.

About a week ago, GaGa also released the name of her upcoming album, ArtPop. The name is partially what gave me the inspiration. When I thought of the word ArtPop, my mind immediately went to Andy Warhol and the famous Marilyn Monroe picture. I began to look more into his works and found his Grevy's Zebra. The colors looked magnificent and I ran with it. So here you see a shell-like structure with the colors of Andy Warhol's Zebra artwork. I also knew I wanted to incorporate something like aluminum or metal, hence the hoop-like strapless dress. The heelless boots are also metalic with a red platform. She wears shoes similar to this so I figured I'd try to keep her style in this as well.

I hope you all enjoy and remember YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment