Saturday, August 25, 2012

Project Runway Recap & Review Week 6

Surprise!!! I'm early on this one! This week on Project Runway, the designers were given the L'Oreal Challenge in which they had to create looks for actual clients who are looking for a style makeover to accompany their new hair styles. This challenge just .... *sigh* ... I don't even know where to begin. This week's Challenge Winner was Fabio. I'm actually quite proud of him.

Here's his look:

 
This look just screams Fabio. He's getting better at staying true to his aesthetic which I'm happy about. He kept his client happy while helping her to step out of her comfort zone but also incorporating her style into the mix.
 
Out this week:
 
 
Nathan ... I don't know what he was thinking. I truly liked a couple of his previous designs but this looks like it came out of a hooker's closet (I'm sorry, I had to). The color is one of my favorites but that doesn't change the fact that its utterly terrible and extremely slutty.
 
My favorites of the night:
 
 
Of course I loved Christopher's look. He, to me, is just absolutely fabulous at what he does. The dress on his client is beautiful and very flattering to her body. I loved the jacket too when they showed it on the dress form while he was still in the midst of designing. I wish his client would have shown it off more and not crumbled it in her hand the whole time.
 
 
Dmitry's looks was also very cute. I just wish he had made it a slight bit longer and I would have loved for the cleavage part to be a lot lower to make it a bit more sexy and not so stuffy looking. As always, his construction is pretty immaculate.
 
 
Okay let me explain ... You all are aware that I can't stand Gunnar but I have to say I am fond of his skirt and the technique he used to achieve it. On the other hand, the top part is SO uneven and those triangle things in the center look stupid (Yes, stupid)! Also, if you paid attention to the back, the V is cut so unevenly. I will admit, he does sometimes have good ideas but the way in which he tries to achieve them and his construction is very poor.
 
Now come the comments....
 
Although I do not like it very much, mostly because of the color, I am proud of how Alicia stepped out of her comfort zone and attempted a dress which resulted in a pretty decent look. I hope we see a bit more of this in the coming weeks.
 
In my opinion, Elena's fabric choice was poor but the concept was nice, I must say.
 
I don't know if it was the clients body type or the dress itself, but Melissa's black dress looked terrible on the runway. The long shall was pretty but I didn't really enjoy the whole look because it seemed kind of sloppy.
 
Sonjia had problems with her proportions, I guarantee that if the knot thing was under the bust and if the dress was longer it would have been a lot nicer and more sophisticated.
 
And finally, Ven ... He had me disgusted! Not to mention, the fabric and design altogether was hideous. First of all, I think his client is beautiful and has a great shape to her plus size figure. Ven was totally out of line and made rude comments about his client's size. He claimed to never have designed for a "real size woman." What the hell does that even mean? What woman is NOT a real size? And yes, REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES. Not all women are as stick thin as the models the designers design for. As a plus size woman myself, I found it very offensive! I'm going to be rude for a moment so I must apologize before I continue. I am sorry for what I am about to say but it is the truth. Ven is not a twig himself, in fact he is similar to that of a tree trunk. To make a woman uncomfortable and self conscious about her body is the worst thing a man, designer, and supposed professional can do. I hope he removes his arrogant head out of the clouds and realizes how terrible he made his client feel. Shame on you Ven!
 
Next week, there will be lots of crying! The ladies have plenty of problems in their designs, while the boys seem to be doing well (At least thats what it looks like from the promo). Ven makes a sexist comment about men being stronger (Please shut up!) and Christopher looks like he's trying to do a Cher impression (LOL I can't wait)! I'm not really sure of what the challenge is but Tim Gunn says that they'll be put into production or something along those lines. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment