Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Project Runway Recap & Review Week 4

Hello gang ... another week has passed and this time aroud the designers had their Girl On the Go Challenge from Michael Kors. They were asked to create a look for a client who is always traveling or in high demand from her busy lifestyle, whether it be a look from day to night or just versatile clothing. Tim Gunn stressed that it should keep wrinkle free throughout the day. Also on the go were TWO designers. Andrea left the competition in the middle of the night and Kooan made the decision to leave, making the announcement in the workroom

The challenge winner this week:


Sonjia! This dress looks so versatile and sexy on her model. She clearly followed the challenge rules and used a fabric that seems to be comfortable and doesn't wrinkle. Any woman can make this a day to night look effortlessly with a change of shoes and some accessories. She may even want to let her hair down. I also really love the color if the fabric. Yes, its grey, you might be asking "Who cares?" but something about it is interesting.

Out this week:


Buffi was out. I was actually really sad to see her go because I'm quite fond of her quirkiness. She's got spunk but this look honestly was terrible. I understood that she was trying to stay true to her aesthetic, which is all well and good, but she could have toned it down a bit. I wonder if she would have been safe if she had listened to Christopher, who honestly seemed like he was innocently trying to help. The construction was awful, particularly the hemline of the zebra print dress. If she had used the sheer pink garment over maybe a nude or black fabric and focused on construction a bit more she would have definitely continued on.

My other favorites:


Christopher's look was delicate with an edgy touch. I thought it was styled perfectly, my only wish is that his model would fill it out more because she is incredibly thin.


Suprisingly, I like Alicia's look. Typically I don't really like the looks she puts together. It's super crisp and clean and the construction of it looks awesome! If she keeps this up I might start to actually enjoy her designs.


I don't know what it is about it but I really love what Melissa did here. I think its the fabric she used, it looks so comfortable! I also LOVE the layering and the combination of the black and brown because it's typically what I'm into personally.


We all know Dmitry is a sewing machine wiz so I'm not surprised at how fabulous the construction is. I love it but I just wish it wasn't so boring. He needs to add a little bit more depth into his aesthetic and not be so monotone, then we'll have a winner.


And finally, Nathan .... but I only really like the vest-like garment over the dress. The rest of it (styling and colors) reminds me of Mardi Gras and it washes his model out. I know she's on the go and traveling, but it shouldn't be to New Orleans. I hope he chooses better color palettes in the future.

This week the designers are given Nina Garcia's Challenge, good luck to them on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment