Friday, August 10, 2012

Project Runway Recap & Review Week 3

Thank you for being ever so patient with my lack of posting and my tardiness. I hope you all watched tonight's episode and enjoyed it because it has been getting a bit dramatic.

On to last week...
The designers were paired up in teams and were given the Lexus Red Carpet Challenge where they had to design for a client (former Project Runway designers) for a night at the Emmy's while incorporating the color of the Lexus they were assigned.

A quick list of design teams and their clients:

Alicia and Raul - Mila
Andrea and Christopher - Anya
Buffi and Elena - Laura
Dmitry and Melissa - April
Gunnar and Kooan - Queen Irina
Nathan and Sonjia - Valerie
Fabio and Ven - Kenley

The designers met with their clients to come up with a sketch that fit the clients' needs and personal styles. The winner once again was (drum roll please).... Ven! I wasn't surprised, as his and Fabio's dress was my only favorite this time around. They were Team Blue. I commend them for this fabric choice. It looks rich and I found the construction of it to be stunning.


Out last week was Raul. First of all, I have to say, this dress looked terrible and the hair (even though its not the focus) made it even worse. He and Alicia didn't even bother to take the risk with the black and red printed fabric. Raul said himself, if it was up to him he would keep the print and he damn well should have! I honestly thought it was beautiful and might have saved him from going because it would have been daring.



Some other comments I'd like to add:
Despite the fact that its not my taste, Dmitry and Melissa's dress was well done and looked great in terms of the difficulty of the fabric. It was flawlessly done.

Gunnar needs to quit putting himself on a pedestal because his work isn't as great as he thinks it is in my opinion. Kooan seemed very humble and gave Gunnar the credit for the work he did (even if I think its horrible), I applaud Kooan for that.

Andrea drove me bonkers this episode and I felt Christopher's pain. He's generally good spirited and sweet, I felt bad for him having to be in the bottom because of his partner. I cried with him while he was on the runway because I can tell how badly he wants this. I hope to see more from him and off the record I hope he kicks everyone's ass and wins.

The other two designs were safe worthy. They did what the client asked for and pulled through. Congrats to those two teams as well.

Tonight's episode Recap and Review will be up on Tuesday. Until then, enjoy the rest of the week and be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment